[cisco-voip] Free Jabber for everyone

Chris Ward (chrward) chrward at cisco.com
Tue Apr 24 10:06:24 EDT 2012

Hi,

The Jabber for Everyone program only includes IM and Presence and the
HCS licenses that include Jabber include the entire suite of Jabber
features, so that may be how it is justified. We are including the offer
as part of HCS shortly so you can soon take advantage of the free IM and
presence. Also, since you can pool your HCS licenses, if you have paid
for a premium license to get Jabber for IM and Presence only, you would
be able to save those Premium licenses for a different or later
deployment (where the customer would presumably want Jabber for part of
a voice/video integration) and then leverage a lower license such as
Standard or Foundational with the Free IM and Presence option.

Does that help? If you need more clarity, let me know and I will reach
out to the PM team.

+Chris

Hosted Collaboration Solution TME