[cisco-voip] Streaming multicast audio source to an IP phone

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Apr 24 16:23:18 EDT 2012

This probably isn't of much help/use, but I'm pretty sure this is similar to what paging solutions do. Essentially, they start a multi-cast stream, subscribe all the phones to it, start playing the multi-cast stream, then they unsubscribe the phones from the stream, then stop the stream (or something like that).

If your source can use the same multi-cast IP address, then it shouldn't be difficult (not that I could do it) to use the SDK below to allow a user to subscribe to that stream using a button.

Just throwing that out there.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (ANNU)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)