[cisco-voip] UCS & Cisco UC VM configuration

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Apr 24 18:51:01 EDT 2012

Any variation in a TRC drops you back to specs-based support.   The major difference in the two is the expectations on you and your expertise with VMWare.
Read http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Specification-Based_Hardware_Support for more info.  The biggest area of pushback you'll get from TAC is in the area of performance issues.  That said if you are modifying the TRC to remove RAM that otherwise wouldn't get used I think you can safely assume there won't be any impacts to performance.

-Ryan