[cisco-voip] T.38 Fax on CUCM 8.6

Thierry De Vriendt thierry at autempspourmoi.be
Wed Apr 25 07:43:06 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have some questions about CUCM 8.6 and fax transmission.

We are using Cisco ATA 186 to connect the fax.

The Call Manager is connected with a SIP trunk towards our provider. The
"Media Termination Point Required" is checked inside the sip trunk
configuration. This is checked because the provider's gateway has no
connectivity with the ATA or phones, only with the CCM.

So, two RTP streams will be initiated: 1) provider's gateway -> CCM and 2)
CCM -> phones/ATA.

Is there any way or any configuration to be done to allow the switch from
audio to T.38 when a fax transmission occurs from/to the outside?

Thanks.

Thierry