[cisco-voip] Kinda OT: voip provider for an engineer's home

Tim Frazee tfrazee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 13:49:50 EDT 2012

Group,

I'm done with paying also $50 per month to AT&T (Uverse) for dial tone at
my house. I'd really like to "eat the dogfood" and move my telephone number
off to a sip-based provider. (to save $)

I have a Cisco ATA 186 and a 187 and could use either. I'd also like the
option of registering a CME setup in the future.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a provider?

I'd like to keep the number I have and faxing would be nice.

I'm in the US and don't plan on needing any fancy features or international
calling. (single number reach or ring-no-answer off to a cell phone would
be nice..)