[cisco-voip] OT: anyone using the 2960S switches?

Matthew Loraditch MLoraditch at heliontechnologies.com
Wed Aug 1 18:08:31 EDT 2012

I haven't used them to replace 3560/3750s but am quite happy with them. If you don't need L3 Capabilities I'm not sure why you wouldn't use them for smaller access closets and you can stack up to 4 of them, cabling is different than 3750s but same commands and configuration.

GiG Ports, Full 15.4Watts on Every port for a 48 port PoE and available with 10Gig uplinks.

Granted, my usual caveat that all my deployments are fairly small and I don't get into a lot of complicated scenarios so I'm no expert on some of the nitty gritty feature differences between the various models.

Matthew G. Loraditch - CCVP, CCNA, CCDA

1965 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093

voice. 410.252.8830
fax.  410.252.9284

Twitter<http://twitter.com/heliontech>  |  Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Helion/252157915296>  | Website<http://www.heliontechnologies.com/>  |  Email Support<mailto:support at heliontechnologies.com?subject=Technical%20Support%20Request>