[cisco-voip] SIP trunk fax troubleshooting

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 18:40:48 EDT 2012

Make sure whatever the VGC is also configured for protocol based fax
passthrough.  Common mistake there.  In the debugs if faxing is trying to
work correctly you will see a reinvite come in for G711 with echo
cancellation off.  You will want to see that invite make it's way to the
gateway and be accepted there. If there is an mtp it needs codec
passthrough configured.

If it's not switching over (reinvite), it's likely configuration. If it is
switching and still not working, it's at L7 (fax machine). L7 fax machine
problems aren't fun to troubleshoot, hence fax server.

-nick