[cisco-voip] Unable to get Jabber Android working

Gregory Wenzel gwenzel at conres.com
Sat Aug 11 08:47:42 EDT 2012

I have exhausted my search and sadly need some assistance. We have a vpn into our offices and its wide open. I can vpn into my corporate network on my samsung android running v4.04 and ping anything. I bring up my Jabber im on my phone and it asks for a Device ID and server so i put in my username and the ip address of the presence server i have configured. And states failed upon connection attempt

We have jabber v9.0.4 for windows running internally. We have jabber for ipphone and ipad working while on vpn works fine

My frustration is most use androids not apple devices.

I am looking for someone to answer my question.

When logging into Jabber for Android what is the device id is the Jabber for android looking for.

TIA

GregW

This message w/attachments (message) is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or proprietary. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, and then please delete and destroy all copies and attachments, and be advised that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the information contained in or attached to this message is prohibited.
Unless specifically indicated, this message is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any products.