[cisco-voip] OT: Cisco Telepresence vs. independant setups

Craig Staffin craig at staffin.org
Wed Aug 15 11:01:45 EDT 2012

So the first question is really going to be how large is the end state.

For a small install you are correct that ones offs are going to be
easier/cheaper.

The benefit of centralized comes from a few things.

Central Dial Plan
Central link to UC environment for PSTN access
Central Phone Books
Software Control
No firewall holes need to be punched through due to the VCS Expressway
acting as a gateway
Central monitoring and ticketing of issues

There are numerous other advantages dependent on the environment.