[cisco-voip] Geolocation policies for logical partitioning?

Nate VanMaren VanMarenNP at ldschurch.org
Thu Aug 30 18:18:51 EDT 2012

I am needing implement geolocation logical partitioning.  I am getting a basic understanding by reading the docs out there, but I cannot figure out how to make it a good experience for the end users.

IP Phone A and B are in different locations, but since they are both "interior" the call is permitted.  So once of the users needs to conference in an outside person, but that is not permitted because the gateway policy, I guess it would be too much to invoke AAR or something to fix that.

But the problem is if I start with the external party, then I call the other user, the call will fail, because the gateway is already part of the call.  I am assuming that even since the dial plan is setup to keep calls on-net, there isn't even a way to call out and around to the other user.

Does anyone out there have experience with Logical partitioning through geolocation polies?