[cisco-voip] CUCM6.1.4 Upgrade to 8.6.X on New Hardware

Alice Borgo bertacco.alessandro at alice.it
Wed Dec 5 06:26:31 EST 2012

Hi guys,

   I need to Upgrade PUB + ONe SUB from 6.1.4 to 8.6.X on new MCS Hardware.

Customer want upgrade without modification on the actual Cluster, so I can't
upgrade in place the cucm 6.1.4.

So using VMware infrastructure i made an exact copy of the 6.1.4 customer
cluster.

Using Disaster Recovery export all PUB configuration from the Production
Cluster and imported on the VMware copy.

Afeter that I'll proceed with the upgrade step 6.1.4 -> 7.1.5.33900-10 ->
RefreshUpgrade -> 8.6.1.2000-1 on the Virtualized environment

After that Using again DisasterRecovery export DB of the virtualized PUB and
the Import again in the MCS Hardware PUB.

Question for you!

Need to make the same for the SUB, or is possible to install the SUB
directly on the MCS Hardware without all the upgrade step ?

Thank you very much

Regards

Alessandro Bertacco