[cisco-voip] ip phone firmware issue

Erick B. erickbee at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:49:42 EST 2012

You need to go to a newer 8.x firmware first before going to 9.x, from the
release notes.

You'll need to go to cisco.com and download one of the intermediate
versions then get your phones upgraded to that release, then change the
default back to the 9.x or just download current 9.x and install it and go
to that.

"For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than
8.3(3) to Version 9.3(1) or later, you must first upgrade your firmware to
an intermediate version (8.3(3) to 8.5(2)) and then upgrade to 9.3(1)."