[cisco-voip] SCCP 7965 Directories > Missed Calls/Placed Calls blank if no TFTP server

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 09:15:21 EST 2012

Jason,

This started with CUCM 7.X and Internal Services Provisioning. There is a
special internal service that the phones use that they get from the TFTP
config file. This service is a shortcut that says "Use the service from the
server you're registered to" for things like corporate directory.

Check out the attached image so you can see the shortcut service.

You can switch the Phone Services Provisioning back to the old way of
"External". This is configurable on the phone, or as an enterprise/service
parameter (I don't remember which). The new way is better for load
balancing though (for services that do reach out to servers) so I'd
recommend sticking with it and just fixing the TFTP access.

For something like missed calls the phone wouldn't need to visit a CUCM
server, but since the phone uses the new Internal Services Provisioning
it's going to rely on what's configured in the TFTP file before it shows
that Directory. There is probably room for improvement here though. The
phone should fail back to  something else if available in flash when TFTP
fails.

Does that explain it well enough?

-Jason Burns