[cisco-voip] CUCME : Same Dead End . Any workarounds?

Bernhard Albler bernhard.albler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 06:02:18 EST 2012

When I was young (we still used steam powered routers for CMEs back then) I
used to do the following for such a requirement:
1.)Don't actually forward the main number to the Huntgroup (e.g. number 90)
but rather to a normal DN (e.g. number 91)
2.)Put the normal DN(91) on a button without overlay. Label as "Main
Number" or similar. This way CFA should work from the phone
3.)Put a speed dial on the phone labeled "Office Open" on the phone, target
for the speed dial is the huntgroup (90)
4.)Tell people to do the following:
a.)When the office is supposed to be open, hit the 91 DN, press the CFA
Softkey andf then the "Offen Open" button
b.)When forward somewhere else, press the 91 DN , press CFA and then
forward wherever you want
c.)When reversing to normal operation, do as in a.)

This always worked on 79XX phones, not sure about the SPAs. Do they allow
secondary line call forwards when using non-overlayed DNs?

if you only need a fixed target, the above combined with the CME
night-service might also do the trick.

cheerio
bernhard