[cisco-voip] CUBE Issues with SIP Reinvite...

Bob Zanett (AM) bob.zanett at dimensiondata.com
Thu Feb 9 12:13:54 EST 2012

I am not sure about the SIP-to-SIP not working.  This was working years ago, as I helped a very large medical firm begin to utilize SIP to telco.   At the time, I was able to experiment with all types of internetworking:

*         SIP to SIP to CUCM

*         SIP to H323 to CUCM

*         SIP to H323 with Gatekeeper to CUCM
Now as for SIP to H323 - I don't believe I would recommend this even if it was supported due to the consumption of resources.  I know that you can do H323 to SIP utilizing Cisco's Session Management Edition.

Also, we have several Enterprise Contact Centers utilizing SIP to telco and SIP proxy - using CUBE.  One item missing from CUBE is CPA (call progress analysis) - though this should be coming soon.

With SIP, one has to understand the capabilities of the opposing party.  I have seen issues from ptime, DTMF-relay, codec and offer type.  As for re-invite, you want to make sure that if you are transferring the call around internally that you do not pass the re-invite back out to the telco -as they most likely will not know what to do with it.

What  is the use case of the re-invite?

Kind Regards -

Bob Zanett
Technical Services Architect