[cisco-voip] meetingplace 8.5

Eric Butcher Eric.Butcher at cdw.com
Thu Feb 9 12:45:06 EST 2012

Seconded.  MP 8.5.2 is what 8.0 should have been to begin with.  The only
issues with it are when Upgrading from MPX, you basically have to
re-implement unless going audio only and unless upgrading from 8.0 or 7.0
you must use WebEx controlled user profiles.  This isn't necessarily a bad
thing until you want to do Single Sign-on.  At that point, you have a
complicated WebEx-style SSO instead of the easy SSO that was in place for
7.0 and 8.0 with MP Controlled Profiles.

Also, be careful with your server capacity.  Capacity could be quartered
in certain scenarios in 8.5 when compared to 8.0 due to new SRU
calculations Cisco uses.

Thanks,

Eric Butcher
Cisco Unified Communications Engineer