[cisco-voip] debug MGCP analog

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Thu Feb 9 15:43:18 EST 2012

presenting dialtone usually happens when the router is function in h.323 mode and has no connection plar to specify a destination.  The router can only present dialtone and await input from the user.

so this is a configuration or unregistration issue.

1) is the call coming in on an fxo port that should be under mgcp control?  for analog endpoints this means dial-peers.
2) is the router losing communicaiton with its mgcp call agent (CUCM most likely)
3) if you do have h323 fallback designed then have you configured a default destination for inboud calls when mgcp is down?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008017b2ad.shtml

/wes