[cisco-voip] intercluster trunk over IPSec VPN

Abebe Amare abucho at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 06:41:30 EST 2012

Dears, thank you all for the excellent support

I managed to keep the VPN tunnel up be sending periodic ping but the
problem still persist. Bandwidth is reserved for at least four calls
(taking into consideration VPN overhead) on a Packetshaper and the call
quality is good mid-conversation. But it is is clipping the first few
seconds. I dont see any packet loss n the CMR records for a test call. What
should I be looking for?

thanks in advance

Abebe

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Wes Sisk <wsisk at cisco.com> wrote:

> TCP keepalives are only used while a call is active.
>
> When no call is active there is no active h323/h225/h245 signaling, tcp
> session, or udp.  The only exception is when gatekeeper is used. Then gk
> registration messages are maintained.  Those are over UDP between the h323
> ep and gk.
>
> for a static ICT defined between two CUCM clusters there is no network
> activity without an active call.
>
> For the duration of an active call the tcp keepalive parameter will help.
>
> regards,
> wes
>
> On Feb 9, 2012, at 8:13 AM, Adam Frankel (afrankel) wrote:
>
>  Options Ping was added in 8.5(1).
>
> The parameter "Allow TCP KeepAlives For H323 " should take care of this
> for H323 ICT.
>
> -Adam

>>> 317.569.4201 Fax