[cisco-voip] 7925 Wireless Setup

David Zhars dzhars at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 08:30:53 EST 2012

Thanks Mike.

I did have the deployment guide, but sheesh!  I started going through it
and it is a bit overwhelming.  And of course, the standard Cisco line "if
we didn't make it, then it's junk"....

Our access point is a DLink, but I do have a spare Cisco 4410 kicking
around, so I suppose I will just set that up instead!

As far as the licensing stuff goes, I just give up, lol!  When we converted
from 4.1 to 8.0, my VAR used some super secret tool, that gave me enough
DLU's to cover all I had.  As we have moved things around and not replaced
a few people, I have spare DLU's unused.  Everyone is unclear if I can just
setup the phone and it will use the free DLUs.  Everyone is even less clear
about Cisco's future direction, which seems to be that DLUs will go away,
and every device will need a proper license.

I will go through this a bit more today and post more questions as I start
to trip up!

Dave