[cisco-voip] CUPC 8.5.4 client server name at bottom on login

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Fri Feb 10 09:34:58 EST 2012

The first time you launch CUPC you have to put the server name in at the bottom (we can't use DNS SRV as we have multiple CUPS servers per region and we exceed 80ms for single CUPS cluster).

We run CUPS 8.5.4 in HA Active/Active mode with two servers, servers are called CUPS1/CUPS2.

Question is after the 8.5.4 client connects the first time to server CUPS1 does client down a config so it knows about CUPS2?  The HA is working great so it must.

But does client store the list of servers somewhere?  If I boot up laptop of client that has connection previously and If CUPS1 (show as server at bottom of client) is down will client try CUPS2, or do I have to manually type CUPS2 at bottom of client?  Be nice if like a IP Communicator that multiple server entry could be setup, part of install package/registry.