[cisco-voip] CUCM 8.5 and SIP options ping

Ovidiu Popa ovi.popa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 20:00:48 EST 2012

Hello Ryan

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the late follow-up. Looked over
the information and I haven't been able to find the information I was
looking for:

1/ New deployment, we activate Options Ping, where do we look to see if
the trunk came up? Where do we see real-time status for the trunk?
2/ Two servers in CUCM group applied to a SIP trunk configured with IP
address. Which one of the servers will issue the Invites?
Load-balancing? Top-down?
3/ Hypothetical problem: One of the two CM servers cannot reach the IP
address configured as the SIP trunk target. Where are the alerts from
the failing sip trunk displayed ?

Thanks.

Regards,
Ovidiu