[cisco-voip] ITL question - MD5 mismatch

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 16:20:51 EST 2012

I'm walking through Jason Burns' ITL document over on cisco.com
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17679 , using my 8.6.2-2000
lab CM.

Trying to compare the ITL files on my lab phones versus call manager/tftp:

http://i53.tinypic.com/jhdjc1.jpg

This is a new CM install. As expected, my 3 lab phones had old ITL's
and would not pull a tftp file. I wiped the ITL's on those phones and
now they register fine. I downloaded the ITLFile.tlv file from my tftp
server and checked the MD5 checksum against what the phone reports,
and also with the "show itl" CLI command. none of them match! But the
phone registers, no errors. Am I incorrect in my understanding that
the Hex string on the IP Phone screen is the md5 checksum of the ITL
file? Am I just comparing apples to oranges here somehow?

Thanks!
--
Ed Leatherman