[cisco-voip] Verify which device and firmware have sccp v 20 support

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Tue Feb 21 15:59:31 EST 2012

Curious....

Is the documentation that Erik refers to, i.e. the one that states "SCCP v20", Cisco based documentation? Here's my two cents:

    • if there is official Cisco documentation (including bugs) that list SCCP version numbers, the SCCP version number should probably be listed in the release notes for that firmware
    • if there is disagreement whether to publish SCCP version support (which is OK, heck it's your product) there should not be any documentation that uses SCCP version as the only differentiator, i.e. if you wish to include it for reference, fine, but listing firmware versions that we have access to will be necessary

that being said, if you really want to know what version of SCCP a firmware has, you can register it to an SRST host and during the registration process, I believe the SCCP version number is kicked out. not ideal, but you'll get some idea.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (ANNU)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)