[cisco-voip] State of IPv6 support on CME / Unity Express / IP Phones

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Wed Feb 22 15:52:57 EST 2012

Hi,

just getting my feet wet playing with a CME, Unity Express with 7960 and 8945 phones and bleeding edge 15.2(2)T.

As this is currently a lab setup for personal experience I would be interested in seeing how far I can go with ipv6 while maintaining full feature parity to ipv4.  The end of the world we know is near so I thought it would be about the time to check.

I see that that I can configure an ipv6 source address for the telephony service on the cme router.

I cannot configure multiple v6 address. I have both valid ips and ula addresses in use currently.

I also do not see any wat of getting an ipv6 address on the 8945 or 7960 phones.

Also not sure on the state of Unity Express or Cube in a mixed or ipv6 only environment.

I would also be interested in running all of the above in a ipv6 vrf in order to have a single router per site.

Any comments on how far this can be stretched or how much of this is on the current roadmaps ?

How would CM compare to CME in IPv6 support ?

I have a gut feeling that there are still multiple foot shooting opportunities here.

Greetings
Christian Kratzer
CK Software GmbH

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2