[cisco-voip] Help with dialing an international number??

Tim Reimers treimers at ashevillenc.gov
Fri Feb 24 13:42:33 EST 2012

Hi all -

I have a user who has been given this number by a foreign caller who
left a voicemail:

I think this is a legit call, by the way - not a spammer. It's a booking
manager in England

who wants to know if we have dates available in one of our venues..

This is the return call number that the person left in a voicemail.

00 44 7880 732 219

I can't make that dial back no matter what -

9 011 00 44 7880 732 219 fails

9 011  44 7880 732 219

I'm wondering if the caller left an incorrect number, or left one that's
formatted for 'inside England'

or tacked on an extension# without saying that it's an extension or
what.

Seems like England numbers for London area are often

in this format, from various websites "020-7584 2566"

DialedNumberAnalyser shows that it would route this call, but I'm
getting a reorder message telling me the call cannot be completed..