[cisco-voip] Bridge upgrade vs. sub(s)

Erick Wellnitz ewellnitzvoip at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:35:05 EST 2012

Does a reboot for the upgrade to switch from the inactive partition to the
active partion take longer than 15 minutes?

What I would do:
1. Run the upgrade without a reboot or switching versions
2. During my outage window switch versions and reboot
---at this point your system is functioning on the old hardware
3. Take a DRS backup for restore to the new cluster
4. Restore to new cluster
5. Switch TFTP settings
--may need to reduce your DHCP lease time
6. Reset all devices/point gateways to new cluster
---at this point you are usig the new hardware

I'd imagine there would be less than 15 minutes downtime with this
procedure but I've not done a bridged upgrade with 8.6 yet