[cisco-voip] 79xx and Firmware 9-2-1

Mike King me at mpking.com
Wed Jan 4 18:04:21 EST 2012

I'm having a weird problem with our 7900's (7941/7945 7961/7965)
The Corporate Directory won't work on some of the phones.   (We've
eliminated everything but the phone's themselves, I actually have two
phones, on the same subnet, one exhibits behavior, one doesn't)

It says "requesting...." then eventually says Host does not respond.

We finally decided to try downgrading the phone back to 9.1.1 SR1s.

The phones that don't display the corporate directory, they also don't
downgrade.

I've Reset/Restarted from CM
I've done the **#** from the keypad
I've unplugged the phone, and plugged it back in.
I've unplugged the phone, waited 5 minutes, and plugged it back in.
Doesn't downgrade.

I tried a factory reset, (# key, then 123456789*0#) and the phone will then
download the correct version.  (I guess it has to at this point)

(And the corporate directory started working again.)

Idea's besides visiting every phone?