[cisco-voip] Large deployment of IP Phones

Paul asobihoudai at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 6 10:23:49 EST 2012

I would *definitely* read as much of this document as possible to ensure that any potential design factors are clear to you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x.html

Hopefully your version of MS Exchange is recent to prevent any major hiccups with the Single Inbox-Unity Connection integration as MS Exchange 2003 can be a bit problematic.

I would start with the UCS servers as do a test migration of your 7.1.x cluster on an isolated network so you can feel comfortable and familiar with the process.

The SRND covers a lot of the nitty-gritty about the processes you need to be aware of to implement specific features. The complexity of the project will depend on if Cxxes are asking for lots of whistles and bells or not. Also if the fundamentals of your network are weak, you'll have to focus on shoring that up first or you'll be asking for a lot of trouble.

Divide and conquer and you should come out of it okay.