[cisco-voip] extension mobility globally enable ?

Stephen Welsh stephen.welsh at unifiedfx.com
Wed Jan 11 09:58:51 EST 2012

Hi Baris,

You can do this for all devices using Bulk Admin in CCMAdmin:

[Bulk Administration] > [Phones] > [Update Phones] > [Query]

Use a query to find the devices you want to update i.e. Device Name Begins With "SEP" for all physical phones

[Next]

Then select the parameter(s) to update, to enable extension mobility its:

[Extension Information] > [Enable Extension Mobility]

If you are migrating from static extensions to Extension Mobility I recommend you have a look at PhoneView (http://www.unifiedfx.com<http://www.unifiedfx.com/>), one of the many features is the ability to export/import login state. This gives you the ability to convert from static to EM extensions when migrating/upgrading clusters, and best of all you users won't notice as they can all be logged into the same device they had a static extension with so no change other than the fact they can now login anywhere.

Thanks

Stephen