[cisco-voip] 802.3at and the 9971 / VXC 2112

Mike King me at mpking.com
Wed Jan 18 11:35:37 EST 2012

I'm running 8.5.1 and we loaded the latest device pack on cisco's website
the week of December 28th.
I've updated to firmware 9-2-3

I've narrowed it down to a LLDP-MED problem.  I just need to figure out
who's problem it is.   I have a juniper switch, and apparently Juniper and
Cisco are not agreeing on the LLDP packets.

>From the phone, I'm getting TLV timeout
on the switch, i'm getting TLV discarded

I've opened a support case with Juniper, since it's actively making
a decision, versus the phone that is just patiently waiting for a response.
That's not to say that the Phone might be sending a malformed request.  I'm
sure the first thing the Juniper TAC is going to have me do is a packet
capture.

Fun times, wohoo.

 Mike