[cisco-voip] UC on UCS LUN Best Practices for Co-residency

Ted Nugent tednugent73 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 21:42:23 EST 2012

Does anyone have a best practices are for LUN configuration regarding UC
B-Series Co-Residency? I have read through the doc below regarding "shared
storage considerations" but still have some things that don't add up (no
pun intended)

I see that LUN size should be between 500 GB and 1.5 TB and hold between 4
and 8 UC Apps (I assume the later is to conserve physical Disk space)
however is there a logical way that these should be dedicated to the
physical server with regards to physical server portability down the road?
Can a LUN be mapped to more than one physical server, I would think
not? These may be stupid questions but I'm a bit new to VMWare/B-Series
so I didn't know if there were some best practices from the field that
people adhere to? If physical space was not an issue it would almost seem
more logical to make all LUNs 500GB and just have a 1:1 mapping to VDisks
for portability but again I'm a UCS/VMWare Noob. Thanks for any guidance

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Shared_Storage_Considerations