[cisco-voip] CUBE not requesting codec... call fails... need to force SDP in invite...

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 17:44:01 EST 2012

Service providers don't like delayed offer.

You can do DO-EO conversion, but it requires SIP-SIP and won't work on
H.323-SIP.

For G.729:
You have to use a software mtp to do G729.  CUCM doesn't support G.729
in software MTP's, and the PVDM's won't do G.729-G.729, so it only
leaves you with router software MTPs.  If you haven't configured your
MTP in the MRGL for your H.323 gateway with a SW MTP with G.729
configured it won't work properly.

For G.711:
I would configure 'codec g711ulaw' on all dial peers, and drop the
voice-class codec.

If you can switch the H.323 gateway to a SIP trunk trunk, configured
DO-EO conversion:

voice service voip
 sip
  early-offer forced