[cisco-voip] Cisco CUCM v9.0

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Jul 11 14:53:55 EDT 2012

ELM is the licensing manager node that you need to install that manages licenses for the UC software such as CallManager, Unity Connection, etc (not sure what else).

It operates as a license storage node (think license pooling) for products and quantities. So if you purchase 10,000 user licenses for CallManager, you can install one, two or three clusters and share these licenses (not concurrently mind you, but as a bank).

Basically, it's the UC version of the IOS licensing manager software.

I asked why the two were separated, and the presenters did respond that it was a valid question. ;)

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (ANNU)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)