[cisco-voip] NFAS without backup D-channel

Heim, Dennis Dennis.Heim at wwt.com
Thu Jul 12 13:31:28 EDT 2012

I found this old Cisco doc (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800a6bf2.shtml)

It states, "Note: In certain scenarios where the NFAS setup does not use a backup D channel, do not use the keyword nfas_interface 1 as it is reserved for the backup D channel. Configure only nfas_interfaces 0, 2, 3, 4 and so on." We have it configured like you mentioned. I am wondering if having nfas_interface 1 configured would cause everything not to come up since there is no backup D channel. I am not able to test, just trying to make sure I have a solution for the next maint window.

Dennis Heim
Sr. UC Engineer
World Wide Technology
Office: 314.212.1814