[cisco-voip] oddball hsrp/phone issue

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 09:42:58 EDT 2012

We did try to ping from the 4500 (default gw) while it was happening,
without any success. I wasn't in the 'driver's seat' but pretty sure the
network ops guy just used ping without any other options - i'm a wee bit
unclear on which source interface IOS picks at that point but i'm assuming
it would choose the SVI for the vlan since its directly connected. I didn't
think to ask him to use extended commands and specify the source interface
to be sure though.

If I can't duplicate this in the lab this afternoon with a 4500 I will
probably end up making a new voice vlan and subnet w/o hsrp so I can move
them over a few at a time instead of all at once. Relatively straight
forward, but i'll have to reconfigure SRST, and it won't explain why we
even had the issue in the first place.

Thanks the suggestions everyone!

--
Ed Leatherman