[cisco-voip] caller-id is audible on fxs

chris tknchris at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 07:30:37 EDT 2012

I understand what you're saying the part I guess I don't grasp is if I
connect an ATA to the same phone I can get caller id on the phone but even
if I pickup before caller-id is sent I do not hear those tones.
I tested on grandstream and linksys ATA's that I had lying around. I'm just
trying to understand what the ATA's could be doing differently than the
cisco FXS port that makes it work but not audible. I'm not sure if the
ATA's are making the volume lower/higher so I'm not hearing it or something
like that? I understand the caller id from the trunk to the ATA would use
digital signaling through sip but once it gets to the ATA it would be doing
the same thing as the cisco's fxs port?

thanks for your help