[cisco-voip] 7828H3 upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.6.2 CUCMBE

Ryan West rwest at zyedge.com
Wed Jun 6 11:12:26 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 10:09:16, Nate VanMaren wrote:
> Subject: RE: [cisco-voip] 7828H3 upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.6.2 CUCMBE
> >
> > 7828 seems to always need 250G drives, But I am not sure if there
> > ever was a
> > 7828 that didn’t have 250G drives.  I have an original 7828H3 BE
> > running FCS
> > 6.0 code still, it’s like 5 years old and it has 250G drives.
> >

> > I was just getting ready to upgrade this box to 8.6.2, so I am
> > interested in what you find out.
> >

> I wasn't able to successfully upgrade the box.  It does, however, have a
> replaced hard drive.   The hard drive shipped from Cisco was 512GB, which
> wasn't a problem for rebuilding an array from a smaller drive, but
> might have caused issues during the RU.  I'm going to update TAC with
> this information and see what process the software RAID takes.  The
> replaced drive happens to be the first hard drive, so it may try to create the RAID off that size and fail.
> Thanks for pointing me in a different direction.
>
> FWIW, I'll be trying this upgrade again internally and let you know
> how that goes.

Nate,

The upgrade for another 7828H3 went without incident.  I have TAC sending out another 500GB drive to pair with the other replacement 250GB that was sent out earlier.  Hopefully the developers build a little more logic into the MD RAID creation, if that's actually the cause for the failure.

-ryan