[cisco-voip] Verizon SIP -->CUBE-->Remote MGCP FXS

Mathew Miller miller.mathew at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 12:44:41 EDT 2012

Hello All,

I have a centralized CUCM 8.6 cluster with a Verizon centralized sip trunk
service coming into a cube with 15.2.t2a.

I have several remote site with 2921's with VIC3-4FXSDID cards that are MGCP
controlled. When these were initially rolled out we tested faxes in and out
and they seemed to work just fine. Recently they have stopped working and I
am unable to figure out why. I have seem some posts that maybe MGCP fax
passthough will not work with verizon because they don't support nse only
protocol based.Š But I am confused about why it worked previously and
stopped work nowŠ.

I can see inbound/outbound fax calls come in and setup as G711 calls, but
the calls never completed.

>From the cube..
voice service voip
 no ip address trusted authenticate
 address-hiding
 allow-connections sip to sip
 no supplementary-service sip refer
 redirect ip2ip
 fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw
 no fax-relay sg3-to-g3
 modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw redundancy
 sip
  bind control source-interface Loopback1
  bind media source-interface Loopback1
  header-passing
  localhost dns:XXXXXX.globalipcom.com
  no update-callerid
  early-offer forced
  midcall-signaling passthru
  g729 annexb-all
  sip-profiles 2

>From the remote MGCP router.

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band
mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify
mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse
mgcp modem passthrough voip redundancy
mgcp package-capability rtp-package
mgcp package-capability sst-package