[cisco-voip] RDNIS and Original Called Number IE

Eric Pedersen PedersenE at bennettjones.com
Thu Jun 21 13:55:08 EDT 2012

The redirect number is making it to the central site, but CUCM isn't passing it along to Unity Connection.

i.e: (I changed the actual phone numbers)
991449: Jun 21 11:47:56.505 MDT: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8  callref = 0x0141
                Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2
                                Standard = CCITT
                                Transfer Capability = Speech
                                Transfer Mode = Circuit
                                Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s
                Channel ID i = 0xA9838F
                                Exclusive, Channel 15
                Display i = 0xB1, 'Pedersen, Eric'
                Calling Party Number i = 0x2183, '7805551212'  (original calling number)
                                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
                Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '4035551212' (VM pilot)
                                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
                Original Called Number i = 0x00000281, '7805551213'  (VM mailbox number)
                                Plan:Unknown, Type:Unknown

When I forward the same call to a SIP gateway, the GW does this:
067285: Jun 20 20:46:02.990 MDT: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: extract_redirect_orig_called_ie: IE type orig called num 7805551213 reason 15 cnt 0 plan 0 type 0 pres 0

And the SIP invite from the GW to CUCM has:
Diversion: <sip:7805551213 at 10.16.64.1>;privacy=off;reason=unconditional;screen=no

And then it gets to the correct mailbox. So it seems to me that the issue is with CUCM and the MGCP GW.  I've been considering changing the central GW to SIP anyway, so maybe this is a reason to do it.

Eric