[cisco-voip] problems with changing Jabber client configuration settings

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Mar 1 18:39:12 EST 2012

I'm going through a number of different deployment scenarios with the iPhone Jabber client and am having a horrible time being able to push changes to the client.

The only thing I've reliably been able to do is this:

    • in CUCM change the user settings to enabled, save, apply
    • exit the jabber client from the task bar
    • restart the jabber client
    • delete the account settings
    • exit the jabber client from the task bar
    • in CUCM change the setttings I want (leave user settings on enabled) save, apply
    • restart the jabber client, confirm the changes have been applied
    • exit the jabber client from the task bar
    • in CUCM change the user settings back to restricted
    • restart the jabber client

Without doing this, I have had nothing but problems getting the client to re-register. I have to resort to deleting and reinstalling the app and even "copying" the TCT config and using that new config.

Very very painful.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (ANNU)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)