[cisco-voip] ITL issue - incomplete ITL files cached on TFTP ?

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 17:30:32 EST 2012

I was pointed to this document which lists restarting the TFTP service as a
task in the CM 7 to 8 upgrade.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/security/8_0_1/secugd/secusbd.html#wp1093199

On Friday, March 2, 2012, Wes Sisk <wsisk at cisco.com> wrote:
> We are still working through the details but deleting or regenerating
callmanager.pem or the cert used to sign tftp configuration files has
definitely led to the need to manually delete ITL files.
> Be very careful when deleting or regenerating certificates on 8.x with
security by default:
> CSCto51228    SBD: OS CLI does not give enough warning about ITL
certificate regen
> /wes
> On Mar 2, 2012, at 2:34 PM, Dennis Heim wrote:
> I ran into something similar with an upgrade a week ago. 3 ccm’s total.
The pub and sub were fine. I was getting the host not found, but only on
phone connected to sub2. I found that sub2’s phones were not getting ITL’s.
I did a “Show itl” from the command line, and it said ITL verification
failed. I deleted the callmanager.pem under certificates, and reset the
phones and ITL’s were being built correctly.

cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Justin Steinberg
> Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 10:09 AM
> To: cisco voip
> Subject: [cisco-voip] ITL issue - incomplete ITL files cached on TFTP ?
>

> Worked on an upgrade last night from CM 7.1 to 8.5.
>
> After the upgrade I am having some ITL issues and think I have a couple
ways to work this out but wanted to run this past the group as I haven't
seen anyone with a specific issue like this.

> CM 8.5.1su2 with three CUCMs running CallManager & TFTP service
>
> What is not working:
> -Corporate Directory - I am receiving host not found.  I verified on the
phone console logs that I am having a TVS/ITL issue.
> -When I look at the contents of the ITL file on the phone LCD, I am only
seeing entries for TFTP and TVS on the server that TFTP is pointing to.  I
do not see any entries for other cluster nodes

> What is working:
> -TFTP downloads (ring tones, etc) and TFTP config changes
> -'show itl' from CLI is showing verification is ok on all nodes
>
> When I do a TFTP get and download the ITL file from CUCM and compare the
Md5 with the phone things match.  Show ITL on the CLI shows verification is
ok.   However,