[cisco-voip] Extendending E1 with Blackbox Fiber Extender getting Line Code Violations/Path Code Violations

Jason Aarons (AM) jason.aarons at dimensiondata.com
Tue Mar 6 23:16:06 EST 2012

  Anyone used a Blackbox MTU-9200? Trying to extended a E1.

Router controller shows deactivated.   I put a loopback in my router, comes up clean.   We then placed a loopback facing the router but on the E1 media converter this was unsuccessful. We have a feeling the E1converter is not working as we expect, we have been through the manual and tried to understand if any of the dip switches had to be in a certain place but this was not the case.

show controller e1 = deactivated with incrementing line code violations.  This indicates either the Blackbox E1 Extenders, the Fiber Cabling, or fiber patch cords are faulty in my opinion.