[cisco-voip] Problem with un-assigned DN's

Hefin James [ahj] ahj at aber.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 10:46:28 EDT 2012

We have a problem that we can't get to the bottom off.
The problem is where unassigned DN's (which have active selected) are falling through and matching a the general rule that we have forwarding to another PABX system (which has the DN marked as being on the CM, which then causes a loop on our ISDN trunk).
Dialled number analyser shows the number hitting the specific route for 1793 under PA-ABER-OWNNET with the alternative match for 1XXX. (Flow copy shown below)

Any pointers as to why it's matching the general route, and not the specific route for the DN?
It's also affecting DN's that are assigned to profiles that are logged off.

Thanks,
Hefin

Results Summary
 Calling Party Information
 Calling Party = 2456
 Partition =
 Device CSS =
 Line CSS = CS-ABER-UK-UNR
 AAR Group Name =
 AAR CSS =
Dialed Digits = 1793
Match Result = RouteThisPattern
Matched Pattern Information
Pattern = 1793
Partition = PA-ABER-OWNNET
Time Schedule =
Called Party Number = 1793
Time Zone = Etc/GMT
Call Classification = OnNet
InterDigit Timeout = NO
Device Override = Disabled
Outside Dial Tone = NO
Call Flow
TranslationPattern :Pattern=
Partition =
Positional Match List = 1793
Calling Party Number = 2456
PreTransform Calling Party Number =
PreTransform Called Party Number =
Calling Party Transformations
External Phone Number Mask = NO
Calling Party Mask =
Prefix =
CallingLineId Presentation =
CallingName Presentation =
Calling Party Number = 2456
ConnectedParty Transformations
ConnectedLineId Presentation =
ConnectedName Presentation =
Called Party Transformations
Called Party Mask =
Discard Digits Instruction =
Prefix =
Called Number =
Directory Number :DN= 1793
Partition = PA-ABER-OWNNET
TypeCFACSSPolicy =
Forwarding Information
Forward All : DN =
VoiceMail = No
CSS = Forward Busy Internal : DN = VoiceMail = No CSS = External : DN = VoiceMail = No CSS = Forward No Answer Internal : DN = VoiceMail = No CSS = External : DN = VoiceMail = No CSS = Forward No Coverage Internal : DN = VoiceMail = No CSS = External : DN = VoiceMail = No CSS = Forward Unregistered Internal : DN = VoiceMail = No CSS = External : DN = VoiceMail = No CSS = CFDF : DN = VoiceMail = No CSS = Pickup Group Number = Device : Type = No Device associated with the DN Alternate Matches Partition :Name= PA-ABER-OWNNET Pattern Pattern = 1XXX Pattern Type = Enterprise CallManager Device Type = AccessDevice PatternPrecedenceLevel = PlDefault PatternRouteClass = RouteClassDefault