[cisco-voip] upgrade path question

Beck, Andre cisco-voip at ibh.net
Fri May 4 03:50:43 EDT 2012

Re Ki Wi,

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 11:43:42PM +0800, Ki Wi wrote:
> Sorry,I found a note that I went 7.1.3 to 8.5.

Ok, no problem. I also tried with 7.1.3 before, so all is prepped for
testing that again with deactivated CM services. And you're right, of
course I've got a snapshot to restart this. Doing so is a good idea when
you're probing the combinatorial explosion of possible upgrade paths.

> 7.1.4 might work as well. Not sure.

Might try that as well. BTW, did you use a specific OVF to build your VM?
I just used the OVF Cisco publishes for 8.6(2a) as that was my intended
target anyway, but I'm not sure that was a good idea. Maybe all the dead
ends I found where upgrades from 6.1.x to 8.x cannot deal with the disks
are due to a too modern driver selection that isn't expected in those
old versions when they (unsupportedly) run on VMware. Might even try an
emulated IDE drive...

Thanks,
Andre.
--
                    Cool .signatures are so 90s...

-> Andre Beck    +++ ABP-RIPE +++      IBH IT-Service GmbH, Dresden <-