[cisco-voip] Cisco ATA 186 - Migration to CUCM 8.6

Mike King me at mpking.com
Fri May 4 14:13:59 EDT 2012

There was a bug that was fixed in the very latest release for the Cisco
ATA186, where if the config file was over a certain size, it would be
ignored.

I personally fixed this by:

   1. Add the new firmware to the CCM server (otherwise it will just
   downgrade when it registers)
   2. copying the config file from the CCM server to my laptop.
   3. Installing a TFTP server on my laptop.
   4. Copy the config file, and the updated ATA firmware files to my laptop
   5. Editing the config file to remove all the other phone types other
   than ATA. This was usually all I needed to shrink the Config file under the
   limit.
   6. log into the web interface of the ATA
   7. Set the TFTP server to the IP of my laptop
   8. Powercycle the ATA
   9. The ATA would upgrade
   10. Log into the web interface of the ATA
   11. Set the tftp server back to the default ( I believe it's either
   blank, or 0.0.0.0)

Mike