[cisco-voip] Asset Tags on 79xx phones

Mike King me at mpking.com
Mon May 7 14:20:24 EDT 2012

We've been asset tagging all of our equipment for a few years now.  The
location that our company uses for the phone is the along that top flat
silver surface on the 7900 series phones.

We've noticed a trend that the labels will peel easily off this location.
 (One of the phones is actually mine, and I do not pick at it, so I know
it's not that)

I spoke with the asset tag company, and they said the plastic may be Low
Energy plastic, which requires a different adhesive.

So anyone know if the 7900's are made from Low Energy plastic?  I don't
want to buy the special adhesive, if there's no call for it.

Mike