[cisco-voip] Corporate Directory Replacements

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri May 11 10:05:36 EDT 2012

I never liked using the built-in corporate directory to search for extensions. I guess in a small organization, it's ok, but in a large one, where people have extensions they don't want published, it makes it a bit more difficult. Plus, in larger organizations, there are many entities that have the same phone number. Labelling restrictions in CallManager also don't make things ideal to work with.

You can consider a small LDAP enabled directory to hold this information.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (ANNU)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)