[cisco-voip] SSL Certificates and Unified CM/Unity Connection

Matthew Ballard mballard at otis.edu
Fri May 11 16:34:04 EDT 2012

What do most people do in regards to SSL certificates on CM and UC
(8.6)?

We have a wildcard certificate that we use for most things, but it would
seem the software doesn't support wildcard certificates.

We don't have an internal certificate authority, due to the complexities
of a lot of personal equipment at the college.

I'm going to try the IPSca certificates in the meantime (free due to
being education), but the support isn't as large as I want.

I'm trying to avoid SSL errors on the user client end, and I wanted to
see if anyone found any good solutions.

Thank You,

Matthew Ballard

Network Manager