[cisco-voip] 7965G delays registering on SCCP v9 firmware

Aaron Riemer ariemer at amnet.net.au
Sun May 13 02:00:29 EDT 2012

Hey guys,

We are gradually upgrading our fleet of 7965G's to SCCP v9 software from v8.

We have found an issue at remote sites (higher latency) where phones (with
any 9.x firmware) are taking upward of 10-20 minutes to register! This delay
seems to only occur when a full power off / power on occurs.

Downgrade the phones back to v8.x and whola! No problem.

We are going to try and simulate this in the lab with a WAN sim and then
probably get TAC involved. I suspect it has something to do with the extra
latency involved but as mentioned we have had no trouble with v8.x software.

Has anyone come across this problem? It seems a bit oddball I know.

Any hints or suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks,

Aaron.