[cisco-voip] 7965G delays registering on SCCP v9 firmware

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Mon May 14 09:41:48 EDT 2012

10-20 minutes sounds like the time to download the larger loads required by the 79x2 and 79x5 loads. When you reset the phones they re-attempt TFTP. The phones will spin on TFTP transfer for 10-20 minutes, then give up most likely on a failure, and register using the old phone load.

If you check one of the phones that experiences this issue - either in RTMT or in the phone webpage, has it successfully upgraded to the 9.x release or is it still running the 8.x release such that they would attempt upgrade on next reset.

I was not under the impression that 79x2 and 79x5 model phones had http transfer of phone loads yet.  That would be a good point of clarification as to how the phones are attempting upgrade and if any problems occur in that attempt. Usually detailed TFTP traces are adequate.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16943

Regards,
Wes